by: Carol George
When our municipal restrictions on gathering size are lifted we hope to be back in our sanctuary to worship. We will advise the congregation and community when this is possible. We will of course assure that all safety protocols are in place.
Our staff, worship and property teams have been busy equipping our building with signage, sanitizing stations. The building will be cleaned, sanitized and ready for worshippers.
Many things, of course, will not be quite the same as we re-gather. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you or anyone in your family is sick or running a fever, please stay home (and take good care of yourself J)
- You will be required to wear a mask and to sign in with name and phone number when you arrive.
- Communion elements and bulletins will be available for pick up as you enter the sanctuary. The elements will be consumed at your seat at the appropriate time.
- Clearly labeled seating arrangements are established in the sanctuary to maximize “distancing” protocols
- Our nursery will be available for children under five. Please clearly label anything your child brings with them including bottles and sippy cups. We have removed many of the items in the nursery for ease of sanitation before and after children are present. Please do not bring children if they are sick or are running a fever.
- Children five and older will be asked to remain with their families in the sanctuary during worship, except to use the restrooms. Children’s bulletins will be available.
- Please practice appropriate social distancing and refrain from hugs and handshakes. We realize this will be very difficult for many of you, but “air hugs” will have to do for now.
- We will not be able to serve coffee or have indoor fellowship time before and after service for now. Our prayers are that we will once again be able to safely fellowship together soon.
- All procedures will be closely monitored and adapted as necessary
We realize that everyone will not be comfortable returning to worship in-person for some time and so we will continue to offer an online option through Facebook Live at www.facebook.com/SaintMarkAnchorage and our Youtube channel https://youtube.com/user/stmarkak weekly.
Thank you in advance for assisting by following the above guidelines as we re-gather. It will be wonderful to worship together!